👋 Welcome to Allocations! We're so glad to have you and can’t wait to meet you. In the meantime, here's a collection of information and tips to help you make the most of your experience.
📜 Just the basics
How do I invest?
- Link: You will receive an Onboarding link with instructions to complete your investment.
- Invest: Type in the amount you are investing
- Sign: On the deal page, go to the sign tab and sign the investment agreement.
- Enter entity information
- Click I agree
- Click complete
- You will receive an email with the signed documents upon completion and can download these documents again at any time.
- KYC: Please fill out your KYC data in the KYC tab.
- Click the green button that says "Click to Begin KYC Form"
- Select whether you are investing as an Individual or Entity
- Fill out all of the required fields
- Click Next
- A W8 or W8-BEN will now be generated for you to sign if you are an individual
- A W8-Enitity or W8-BEN entity will be generated for you to sign if you are an entity
- Sign the Documents and click Finish
- Wire: Please wire the money to the bank account listed in Wire tab of the deal page.
- What is the name of the beneficiary?
What happens after I invest?
- The deal will now be visible in your Dashboard
- At any point, you can consult the Deal Room and your Investment Documents
- If you would like to buy or sell your interest in the SPV, click the Buy or Sell Buttons
- If the fund manager alerts us about valuation increases, this will be reported in your Dashboard, so you can keep track of the growth of your investments
How does distribution work?
- The SPV will be liquidated and cash paid out to investors upon liquidity event. E.g. After an IPO, the stock may be locked until 6 months.
- At the 6 month mark, the SPV manager and admin would liquidate the stock and distribute proceeds to investors